KEARNEY, Neb. — The Nebraska State Fire Marshal was called to look into the cause of a fire at the City of Kearney utilities warehouse on Monday night. 

Volunteer firefighters quickly put the fire out and water services were not disrupted. The marshal determined that the fire was due to an electrical short in the engine compartment of a skid steer. Only the skid steer was damaged and firefighters were able to extinguish the flames before they spread to the building.

Other agencies involved were the Kearney Police Department and CHI Good Samaritan EMS.