LINCOLN - You didn't need a cup of coffee to be wide awake at 9 AM on Thursday morning when #1 North Platte St Patrick and #8 Guardian Angels Central Catholic clashed the court.

The Bluejays entered Pinnacle Bank Arena with a tall task ahead of them - shutting down the Irish, a team that has made it to State for a fifth consecutive time, including a title in 2022.

GACC last made the State tournament in 2017, where the Bluejays entered the field at 14-13 and wound up making the State title game.

The Bluejays and Irish tipped off in a physical battle. After an early 2-0 lead by GACC, North Platte St Pats found their rhythm and leapt out to a 20-10 lead.

The Bluejays rallied back and only trailed by four points heading into halftime.

In the second half, GACC began knocking down shots and capitalizing on trips to the free throw line.

Late in the fourth quarter, GACC led by two points. North Platte St Patrick missed a tying chance, but Irish senior Brecken Erickson's putback off the rebound tied the game at 40.

With only 10 seconds left, the Bluejays drew up an offensive design away from the game's leading scorer, Konnor Kralik. down to the post for Myles Dinslage.

Dinslage forced his way down the low post and his floater gently glided over the rim and down for the game-winner.

For the first time since 2017, GACC wins a game at the State tournament, knocking off the 21-3 #1 North Platte St Patrick Irish 42-40.

The last three times that the Irish have lost at the State Tournament, the team that beat them went on to win the State Championship.

GACC was led by Konnor Kralik with 19 points, including 10/11 from the free throw line. Dinslage scored 8 points, including the game winner. Sam Hass scored 6 points for the Bluejays as well.

NPSP were led by senior Brecken Erickson with 16 points. Ben Heirigs and Logan Winder both tacked on 7 points in the loss.

GACC will face Ainsworth in the Class D1 semifinals on Friday morning at 9 AM at the Bob Devaney Sports Center in Lincoln, Nebraska.